The Valentine Re-Mailing Program
Loveland is perhaps best known nationwide as the home of the "Valentine Re-Mailing Program". Every year, hundreds of thousands of Valentines are packaged inside larger envelopes and sent to Loveland, where volunteers hand-stamp them with a Valentine's verse and send them on to the intended recipients. Each year a contest is held by the Chamber of Commerce and promoted through through the local newspaper, the Reporter Herald, for residents to submit their designs and verses.
A winning verse and design are chosen from all the competition entries and the two are combined to form the 'Official Chamber of Commerce Loveland Valentine' - this year's design is a wonderful design, featuring a photograph of a local sculpture - quite fitting for a valentine's card - the designer is Loveland's very own John Metcalf - the design can be found here.
Leading up to Valentine's Day, the city authorizes the placement of red hearts with sponsored personal messages on light poles and other fixtures of the downtown streets.
The Loveland Chamber of Commerce and the Loveland Post Office sponsor the Loveland Valentine Re-mailing Program, 5400 Stone Creek Circle, 9 a.m. Approximately 60 volunteers gather to stamp a special message from the Sweetheart City on valentine cards sent to Loveland from all 50 states and more than 100 countries.
During the remailing program, the Loveland Chamber of Commerce becomes an official US Postal Service Sub-Station!
How to Remail From Loveland - the 'old' way:
If you would like to have your valentine card stamped with the official Loveland Colorado cachet and stamp, please mail your pre-stamped, pre-addressed envelopes (envelopes should each have 46-cent postage; postcards should have appropriate postage), add extra stamps/postage for heavier/odd shaped valentines, mail in a large stamped envelope to:
446 E. 29th St.
Loveland, CO 80538
Updated 2013 Deadlines for delivery by Valentines Day, Feb. 14:
For international destinations, your cards should be in Loveland by Feb. 4.
For within U.S. and outside of Colorado, cards should be in Loveland by Feb. 8.
For within the state of Colorado, cards should be in Loveland by Feb. 11.
You may also drop off your stamped envelope at one of the remailing boxes in any local grocery stores, where provided. King Soopers & City Markets stores have done this yearly. There is a remailing box at the Post Office on 29th St. in Loveland, and in the lobby of the Chamber of Commerce / Loveland Visitor's Center also.
If you have any questions about remailing your valentine from Loveland, please contact the Loveland Chamber of Commerce at (970) 667-6311
If you have any questions buying your Official Loveland Valentine from us, please call WithLoveFromLoveland.com at (970) 593-6260
How to Remail from Loveland *and* get the Official 2013 Loveland Valentine
You can buy the official Loveland Valentine from us - provide us the message and recipient's adddress - we send your card for you:
Why not just use the existing Remailing system?
- A card purchased from this site will get the same Loveland Post Office Cancellation as an "Official" Loveland card, or a card you send for remailing.
- Cards purchased from us can be bought RIGHT UP TO the deadline date.
- We also have FREE E-Cards, with more choice than the Loveland Official Card
- Our paid card service is convenient, involves no stamps, no trips to the post office or mail box and offers you a choice of local scenes to choose as a card
- Save a stamp, an envelope and your valuable time - Seriously, the remailing is a great program, run by the Loveland Chamber and staffed by many wonderful volunteers, but you have to purchase an extra stamp, and an envelope, then send the card to Loveland before it gets into the program - buying directly from us saves the stamp and the envelope - AND time!
We recommend either purchasing a WithLoveFromLoveLand.com 2013 Valentine's Day Card, or an Official Loveland Valentine's Day Card.
Share this page on Facebook: Share